An Exceptional Internship Opportunity for Two Dynamic University Students
Love ideas? love dynamic communities? Know and love TED? We do too.
In July 2015, Singapore will host an unprecedented global gathering of hundreds of multi-disciplinary idea leaders.
These passionate pioneers and possibilists build communities to share ideas,
inspire and build a better future for us all.
We are seeking TWO university interns for an exceptional opportunity to co-create, co-manage and attend this global idea community gathering in Singapore.
This opportunity would ideally suite a 2nd, 3rd or 4th year undergraduate with a keen interest in ideas, innovation, in Singapore and globally, and in building dynamic communities of action.
You need to...
+ Be a self-starter with high level of drive.
+ Be able to work independently.
+ Be a thinker and a doer.
+ Have great organisational skills and dedication to details.
+ Ideally, have experience in creating or organising events and conferences.
+ Use online apps like Google Docs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
1. You will be given unparalleled opportunities to connect and meet with global and local community leaders in ideas and you should be a confident and conversant person.
2. You need to commit 1-2 hours per day and later, during summer be near full time at least till mid July 2013 and potentially till mid Sept 2015.
3. You must be able to dedicate four full-days of work on 2-5 July from morning till night to host this global gathering.
4. You should not have other commitments in the last week of June.
5. You have max ﬂexibility to work offsite or from home.
6. This is a paid internship. We'll also give a reference letter upon completion of your work with us.
How can I apply?
1. Qualiﬁed and inspired students should apply, writing your cover letter as the body of your email.
2. If you have created or organised events/conferences before, do tell us about what this was and your role in it.
3. If you have a LinkedIn.com profile, include the weblink in your email.
4. If you have built any websites, state this, and include the weblinks to these sites.
5. State your availability to work in reference to the timings and duration we mentioned above.
6. Finally, attach in ONE PDF file, a 2-page max CV and transcript.
7. Format of your email subject line is: "IWD intern + your name + mobile number"
8. Email to: Internship@IdeasWorthDoing.org
We inspire you to apply soonest.
Positions will close as soon as 2 suitable candidates are interviewed and chosen. If you are interested, apply soonest